Hello, dear readers! Today, we are going to talk about one of the most loved and popular dishes of India – Veg Biryani. Biryani is a rice-based dish that is usually made with meat, but we are going to make it with vegetables today. And the best part? We are going to tell you how to make it in Hindi language!
– 2 cups Basmati Rice
– 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, potatoes)
– 1 onion, sliced
– 1 tomato, chopped
– 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin powder
– 1 bay leaf
– 2-3 cloves
– 2-3 cardamom pods
– 1 cinnamon stick
– Salt to taste
– 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2-3 cups water
1. Soak the basmati rice in water for about 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep the rice aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom pods, and cinnamon stick. Fry for a few seconds until they release their aroma.
3. Add sliced onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and fry until they become soft and mushy.
6. Add mixed vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
7. Add garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder. Mix well and fry for a minute.
8. Add the soaked rice to the mixture and fry for a few minutes.
9. Add water and salt to taste. Mix well.
10. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook for 2-3 whistles on medium flame.
11. Turn off the flame and let the pressure release naturally.
12. Open the lid and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Your delicious and flavorful Veg Biryani is ready to be served! You can serve it with raita or any other side dish of your choice.
So, this was our recipe for Veg Biryani in Hindi language. We hope you found it helpful and easy to follow. Do try it out and let us know how it turned out. Happy cooking!