Dhokla is a popular snack from Gujarat that has won over hearts all over the country. It is a steamed, fluffy cake made from besan (gram flour) and is perfect for a breakfast or evening snack. If you’re interested in making this delicious snack, then you’ve come to the right place! In this post, we’ll guide you through how to make dhokla in Hindi language.
– 2 cups of besan (gram flour)
– 1 cup of water
– 1 tablespoon of ginger and green chilli paste
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon of fruit salt
– 1 tablespoon of oil
– 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
– 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
– 10-12 curry leaves
– 2 cups of water for steaming
– Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. In a mixing bowl, add besan, ginger and green chilli paste, salt, sugar, lemon juice, and water. Mix all the ingredients well to form a smooth batter.
2. Take a deep-bottomed vessel and add 2 cups of water. Place it on medium heat to boil.
3. Grease a pan or a thali with oil and keep it ready.
4. Add fruit salt to the batter and mix well. You will notice the batter will start to foam.
5. Pour the batter into the greased pan and place it in the vessel of boiling water.
6. Cover the vessel with a lid and let it steam for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
7. After 20 minutes, check the dhokla by inserting a toothpick or knife. If it comes out clean, then the dhokla is ready.
8. Turn off the heat and let the dhokla cool down for a few minutes.
9. Cut the dhokla into pieces of your choice.
10. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, and curry leaves. Let it splutter.
11. Pour this tempering on top of the dhokla pieces.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Dhokla is a light and healthy snack that is perfect for those who are health-conscious. It is easy to make and is a great option for a party or a potluck. So go ahead and try making dhokla in Hindi language and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!